Tuesday, February 3, 2009

A Year of Walking, Washing, And Waiting

So it has officially been a year since we had a car! Wow! It has totally sucked! LOL!
During the year of walking only twice has anyone ever stopped to offer us a ride. It;s been more of the opposite. Being flipped off or told to go "f*c% myself" because I am delaying someone's left hand turn despite the fact that I have waited for the walk signal and I am on the cross walk and with my five year old!!!! Another thing I wonder is why the heck I'm not a size zero after all of this walking!!!!
It has also been a year since getting my Luna pads and at least with that I have had an amazing exp! As a previous blog entry has stated, I am happy to be doing my part for the environment and also feeling more in control of my body at the same time.
The waiting has sucked too. I don't think we were built to be waiters.
Anyway 1/3 isn't bad and all I can do is hope that in a year from now I won't be walking or waiting, just washing.

Yours, K.

1 comments:

La Reina said...

Kairy, I love ya! You are one of the most patient people I know. You've been through so much, I think when you compare yourself to others you are comparing apples to a wonderful tropical fruit! There is no comparison!