Thursday, October 23, 2008

Little Repiblican


Korban is very interested in this whole presidential election. He keeps making me explain the election process and what a gov vs a senator is ( I am guessing since those running (pres & VP) are either or ), what a "vote" is, how old you have to be to vote, why we don't have a king and queen any more, why other countries still do, why you get to be king just by being born and not picked etc . . .
Well during all of this election talk he has been very interested also in who is currently running for president. I try to stay neutral during the process but Korban seems to very much favor McCain. I am still trying to figure out why. I mean he doesn't know anything about Dem vs. Rep or what each wants. About a week and a half ago he starts telling me he likes McCain. He tells me he would vote for McCain. He likes McCain's white hair. That his hair is not poofy white hair. Obama looks nice, but he just really likes McCain.
It makes me laugh! I'm thinking maybe McCain looks like a "grandpa" type person so Korban can identify with him in a positive way. I really have NO IDEA! I ask him why he likes him but he just keeps telling me, "I just like him Mom! McCain, McCain, McCain! I like to say his name too!"
I feel like I should go register him with the Really Young Republicans Party and buy him a business suit and prepay for his MBA. He is all ready very excited to vote and sad he can't at five! Oh goodness!

Yours, K.

0 comments: