Wednesday, August 1, 2007

I Grow Therefore I Am!!!!!

The MOST exciting thing happened today!!!!! Okay, well first I have to tell the back story as all who know me is a must! So, right around April Mayish Korban and I buy some wildflower seeds and a few veg packets. So we plant the wild flowers, but the veg we got said we needed to wait til later in the season so I tucked those away.
I guess the Korbster got his hot little hands on them and "planted" them where all the wild flowers are, so after WEEKS of waiting we have some lovely wild flowers all in bloom and something that looks kind of like some kind of squash like plant! I was quite surprised! One since I had no idea Korban Veggieseed had planted anything and two that it survived through all this heat and having to share "food" with all those wild flowers!
As I said we had no idea what it was until a few weeks ago we saw one of the flowers turning into a green veg! We knew it had to be a cucumber or squash (I was hoping for squash because I like them better!)!
Finally today the "veg" was able to be picked and it was quite a nice size too! It was quite prickly, but never having seen veg in it "natural" state I had no idea of what it could be! Korban took the honor of "picking" our mystery veg and we brought it in the house and gave it a bath washing off the prickles.
Then we came to the moment of truth!!!!!!! I cut into the veg and - DA DA DA DA - it was a cucumber!!!!! And it was delish! Korban and I ate it up with a bit of salt! There was plenty for both of us since it was so large as afore mentioned!
I AM A FRAMER!!!!!!! I have yielded a crop!!!!! I feel so rustic. I need some over-alls and a piece of hay to chew on! Best part is there are other litte cucumbers that are growing and we have another mystery veg plant on the other side of the porch, but it's a LOT bigger, so I have no idea what it is! Any guesses????
I guess like this situation I will have to wait it out!
I feel so cool that I am a farmer now! All the hard work and giving them plant food and watering and watching them has all paid off! I feel like a mom to them only I eat them once they grow up!!!!! And how yummy they are.
On a side note we also grew three strawberries this year, but I only got a half of one and Korban ninja ed the rest! Thanks alot son! LOL!
Okay that is my good news for the day, you may now refer to me as Farmer Kairy in conversation!!!! WOOT!!!!!


yours, K.

0 comments: